Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Whispering sweet Nothings to kids

In my past post "Daddy's Girl" , I said there that my dad would always whisper sweet things to me as he sits beside me as I sleep ( he thought i was ).

My mom would do that too.. I would wake up at times and noticing my mom talking to me as I sleep. Well she thought too I am asleep. I remember her saying sweets thoughts that she loves me, some are part of her dreams for us, words of thankfulness and even apologies if she gets mad at me over petty little things.

All those sweet whispers lingered not only in my mind but in my heart - until now. I can still remember the night my mom said she hopes that I would still be there for her when I grew up. That I could still take time to spend some moments with her.
That is the reason why I still take time to take her out and spend some great time with her even though I have my own family now.

Wow the power of sweet whispers... they say it innocently as their child sleeps but the message do get embedded deep within.

Now that I am a mom... I do that too to my kids. I whisper thoughts to them as they sleep. Things that I am sometimes scared or shy to tell them when they are awake. I often say that I love them ( well i do that even when they are awake ) and I say sorry if I got mad. I explain to them things.. stuff and even share my dreams.
I am hoping that they can somehow hear that like me they can still remember those words even when they are already old.

No comments: